Travel Info: Getting to Scottsdale
Booking flightsThe closest airport to Fairmont Scottsdale Princess is Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX), which is a 20-minute drive. We would recommend flying into PHX. Alternatively, some smaller airlines in the US will fly into Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport (AZA). Please note that AZA is a 45 minute drive.
These are our favorite websites to use to optimize flights:
full list of airlines that fly into PHX airport. Keep in mind that if you are looking at discounted airlines within the US, please be mindful of added fees for baggage on Frontier, Spirit and Allegiant. We recommend Southwest.
For guests from the San Francisco Bay Area
Direct flights are available from both SFO and OAK, so we suggest checking both.
For International Guests
PHX has many direct flight options, but for international guests looking at alternative options, we recommend looking into flying into Las Vegas (LAS) or Los Angeles (LAX) and then booking a separate flight once in the US to get to Phoenix. PHX airport operates direct flights to/from Toronto (YYZ) as well as London, England (LHR).
Getting to the HotelTravel from PHX or AZA airport is available via taxi, shuttle, town car and also car-sharing services like Uber or Lyft. You can also arrange rental cars from either airport, so long as you are flying in-and-out of the same airport. Depending on the size of your party and how long you plan to stay in the Arizona area, you may opt for different kinds of transportation.
We are pleased to assist with carpooling from either airport, once we have RSVPs with flight information.
Shared Ride Vans/Taxis
Super Shuttle (+1-800-730-9267) is available from PHX for a one-way cost of $25 USD per person.
• Taxis from PHX are approximately $60 USD depending on route and taxi company.
• A town car that holds three people and luggage can be arranged via the Hotel for $65 USD, including gratuity and a greeter at PHX, or an SUV for a larger party for $85 USD.
Please note that the above prices are from PHX only. From the further AZA airport, all transportation options listed above are available, but more expensive.
Car SharingThis is typically the cheapest option, but requires a little bit of preparation if you’re not from the US. A Smartphone with Data or WiFi connection is required, and no advance booking is possible or necessary. We recommend downloading the App in advance of arriving in the US.
If you are using Uber or Lyft for the first time, you can enter these promo codes:
- Uber (Promo Code: b4sz2, $20 credit towards your first ride)
- Lyft (Promo Code: mike405764, $5 off each of your first 10 rides).
A few more things to mention
- Both of these services can be used in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area throughout your weekend visit, and we recommend this over taxi use.
- Uber and Lyft use your phone’s GPS coordinates to locate where you are flagging the car from. It may be possible that you cannot flag an Uber or Lyft directly to the PHX or AZA airport arrivals area. We suggest flagging it to an area near the airport, and then using the app to phone your driver, giving them your exact location at the airport.
Should you rent a car?
If you are staying at Fairmont Scottsdale, you will find that once you arrive at the resort you probably won’t want to leave. And if you do, you can simply rent a car for the day from the on-site Enterprise Car Rental desk, rather than having a vehicle for the duration.
If you are flying for a short time, a rental car may be a better savings than two-way transportation. If you are considering renting a car from the airport, we recommend looking either at Kayak to price compare, or on Hotwire. Self-parking at the Fairmont is $10/night.